These Terms and Conditions shall manage your use of FoodLoop application. These terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of FoodLoop. By using this application, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this application if you disagree with any of these Terms and Conditions. FoodLoop has been developed for the Waste4Think Research Project, under the funding of the EU H2020 program GA 688995. The Waste4Think Consortium is formed by the partners of this project and the name of the cities, entities, companies and universities and their role can be found at http://waste4think.eu/. Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this application.
Intellectual Property rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms Waste4Think Consortium and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and material contained in this Application. You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing and using the material contained on this Application.
- This application is not suitable for people who are allergic or who have any food intolerance.
- The DONOR COMPANY will not obtain neither economic retribution nor other type of retribution for the delivery to the receiving entity of the food through the FoodLoop. The RECEIVING COMPANY undertakes not to sell or use in any type of transaction the food received through the FoodLoop.
- The DONOR COMPANY undertakes to always deliver the food in suitable conditions for consumption according to the opinion, where appropriate, of the authorized Health Technical Services. The RECEIVING COMPANY undertakes to keep the food in suitable conditions, paying special attention to the expiration dates and preferential consumption. Both entities are responsible for complying with the cold chain, as well as for complying with all the hygienic and sanitary conditions of food management, the DONOR COMPANY being RESPONSIBLE until the moment of donation. After the donation, the RECEIVING COMPANY undertakes to dispose of and use the administrative and operational capacity required to carry out the free distribution of the food delivered by the donor in optimum conditions and in order to comply with the required storage and cleaning requirements.
- The truthfulness of the information contained in the FoodLoop concerning the food made available to the RECEIVING ENTITIES is the responsibility of the DONOR ENTITIES.
- FDEUSTO, as the entity responsible for the FoodLoop, is not responsible for any damage caused by the poor state of the food derived from the non-observance of the previous commitments.
LThe management of personal data of users will be carried out in the terms provided by the law, including the rights of opposition, access, rectification and cancelation of their personal data under the guidelines provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. The FoodLoop user will be able to exercise these rights by writing a letter addressed to FDEUSTO - Deustotech, Energy & Environment unit, de las Universidades 24, 48007 Bilbao (Spain) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, the user agrees to the collection, processing and communication of data of personal nature under the terms hereby established. The data requested by the FoodLoop is as follows:
Data provided by the users of the FoodLoop will be handled by FDEUSTO and will be strictly used both for the provision of the service itself and for statistical purposes. The service features the following functionalities:
- Contact data: on registration the user will be asked to provide the following data: name, CIF, number of employees economical activity, telephone number and address (street, town, province, postal code, and country).
- nformation about surplus: on creation of a new surplus, the user will be asked to provide information such as food name, photo, weight, pick up date, date of expiry, preferent consumption, food type, storage type, cold chain status, package type, surplus type, and cooked status.
The data retention period will be the same as that of the users registered in the FoodLoop. When the FoodLoop is deleted, the data stored in the corresponding databases will be destroyed by FDEUSTO. In the case a person declares he/she is under 18 years old and gets registered, his/her data will not be used and will be automatically deleted. By accepting this, you agree with the terms and conditions included in these clauses.
- Visualization of the available surpluses in the area.
- Identification of the characteristics of the surplus
- Visualization of the statistics related to the donation activities of the user (kilocalories, water scarcity, etc.)
- Visualization of best practices according to the economic activity of the user.
- Bring together DONOR and DONEE to carry out the donation of surpluses. In order to make effective the transaction of the surplus between DONOR and DONEE, the only personal information of the DONORS that will be accessible to the DONEES is their name and location.
Users are specifically restricted from all of the following , at least without a specific permission from the Consortium:
- Publishing any material from this Application in any other media Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any application material; publicly performing and/or showing any material from this Application.
- Using this application in any way that is or may be damaging the Application itself, or using this Application in any way that impacts user access to this Application.
- Using this application contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Application, or to any person or business entity Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Application; different that specifically admitted by the Waste4Think Consortium.
- Using this Application to engage in any advertising or marketing, different than the specifically declared on this EU Research Project Certain areas of this Application are restricted from being access by users and Waste4Think Consortium may further restrict access by users to any areas of this Application, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Application are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well. Neither confidential data nor data able to grant access to user’s identity are acquired, stored or processed. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, user agrees with granting a permission for the installation and use of this Application in a specific device, and also agrees allow the Waste4Think Consortium to acquire data regarding location information services on that device.
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘’External Content’’ shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material the User choose to display on this Application. FoodLoop is neither storing nor supporting displaying these Contents and Waste4Think Consortium declines all responsibility on this. Waste4Think Consortium reserves the right to remove any Content from any user or participant on this Application at any time without notice. Specifically, no Waste4Think Consortium member, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, can be held liable by this External Contents in terms of legal property or invasion of any third-party’s rights.
This Application is provided ''as is'', with all faults and Waste4Think Consortium express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Application or the materials contained on this Application. Also, nothing contained on this Application shall be interpreted as an advice for the users.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Waste4Think Consortium members, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Application whether such liability is under contract. Waste4Think Consortium members, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related the use of this Application.
The user hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Waste4Think Consortium from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to his/her breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
The Waste4Think Consortium is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees if, and by using this Application you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Waste4Think Consortium is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. Any modification on the role or status of the participants on the Consortium can be also performed without any notification to the Users. However, users are not allowed to assign,transfer or subcontract any of your right and/or obligations under these Terms.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between Urban waste consortium and the users in relation to their use of this application and supersede all prior agreements and understanding.
Governing law & jurisdiction
These terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the Kingdom of Spain, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in Spain for the resolution of any disputes. Specific injuries to contents provided by Waste4Think Consortium members can be also prosecuted under the National Laws of any country where the Application is used. This clause will be available for the user at any time.